model: 940X3G(model id: 1393)
subtype (notebook, netbook, motherboard, tablet):
does it have a free boot firmware (BIOS,UEFI,...) ?
can free operating systems be installed?
does the device prevent installing wifi cards not-approved by the vendor?
year of commercialization:
compatibility with free software:
Debian GNU/Linux Testing
tested with the following kernel libre:
video card model:
Intel HD Graphics 4400 (works with 3D acceleration)
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Plus Bluetooth (it does not work)
Unknown model/vendor (720p resolution) (it works)
Notable other things that work:
* keyboard ilumination (including function keys)
* all other function keys (wlan on/off; brightness; loudspeaker; touchpad on/off; no silent mode yet; no settings shortcut yet)
* touchpad (including scrolling)
* touchscreen (no multitouch yet)
Things that don't work:
* multitouch on the touchscreen (single-touch works)
* silent mode (cpu scaling based on temperature so that the fan doesn't start)
* settings function key (can be set manually though)
The contents of this page are in the Public Domain. (see the CC0 page
for detailed information). Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, sell, or distribute the text for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means.